Tuesday, January 01, 2008

an ode to meeting mr black

amazing, how music soothes the soul.
it's been a awhile since i visited friendster. on this round, i decided to use someone else's account to check on some profiles. i stopped on one friend's site to look at his new pictures. scrolling down his page i saw he's had a few videos.
there are rare times when the only thing my mind is able to communicate with is the music it listens to. i feel this is one of those rare times. just like the time my lolo died. i remember going to work, excelling at what i did, and yet feeling numb when i go home to the wake. then, the only music i listened to was creed. nagasgas ko na ata yung cd. now, i cannot listen to it. not that it's got scratches or the cd's broken or missing. it's just that now i cannot listen to it anymore.

i have been feeling down the past couple of days. i've had a few theories as to why this is. initially, it started with the final day in bohol. actually, the final night. i was meaning to discuss it with someone. but, just like my lolo's death, i have a difficulty communicating it. thing was i had difficulty finding someone who i think would be able to relate with it.

anyways, on the night i was suppose to have a movie date with someone before christmas, i instead decided to spend time thinking. i backed out from the date reasoning out i was not feeling well. i walked the mall, with a friend. before the night ended, my eyes were puffy, my nose was running...loyalties were questioned, trust issues were raised, characters were probed. did i find comfort in his words at that time? no, they were actually crude, threatening, hurtful..unmindful and thoughtless to say the least. was i happy what happened, happened? i guess so. eventually. like the process of purifying gold.


what happened that night did not solve my original problem tho, the one i was meaning to think through. but somehow, i felt what occurred raised our relationship somewhat.

wala lang. amazingly, i can relate with the music videos on his friendster site.

yep, music is one of my great determinants if i can get along with a person. i never thought he'd appreciate this type of music.

*************


Joe: How are you doing?
Parrish: What the hell do you care?
Joe: Just asking, Bill.
Parrish: You wanna know? I'll tell you. You're looking at a man who is not walkingthrough the valley of the shadow of death. He's galloping into it. At thesame time, the business he built...with his own hands and head has beencommandeered by a couple of cheap pirates. Oh, yes! I almost forgot.My daughter's fallen in love with Death.
Joe: And I'm in love with your daughter.
Parrish: Say again?
Joe: I'm in love with your daughter, and I'm taking her with me tonight.
Parrish: You what?
Joe: I think you heard me, Bill.
Parrish: You're not taking Susan anywhere. What does that mean, anyway? We had a deal.
Joe: And I'm sorry.
Parrish: Susan's my daughter. She has a wonderful life ahead of her. You're gonna deprive her of it, and you're telling me you're sorry?
Joe: I'm sorry.
Parrish: Apology not accepted.
Joe: I don't care, Bill. I love her.
Parrish: How perfect for you...to take whatever you want because it pleases you. That's not love.
Joe: Then what is it?
Parrish: Some aimless infatuation which, for the moment, you feel like indulging. It's missing everything that matters.
Joe: Which is what?
Parrish: Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings...and spending the rest of your life living up to them, and above all, not hurting the object of your love.
Joe: So that's love according to William Parrish?
Parrish: Multiply it by infinity and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what I'm talking about.
Joe: Those were my words.
Parrish: They're mine now.

****

Parrish: And what I dream of is a man who will discover her, and that she will discover a man...who will love her, who is worthy of her, who is of this world, this time...and has the grace, compassion and fortitude to walk beside her as she makes her waythrough life.

****
Parrish:I don't know what you're gonna do, but, uh, how can this be love? She doesn't know who you are. Why don't you tell her, try it out, see what happens? Reveal everything there is to know about yourself and let the chips fall where they may. Okay? I've given it my best shot. I, uh... I wish I could tell you to sleep on it.

***

Parrish: It's hard to let go, isn't it?
Joe: Yes, it is, Bill.
Parrish: Well, that's life. What can I tell you?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home