Wednesday, January 23, 2008

borrowing lines not my own

a friend wrote these lines. i just found them so beautiful i decided to borrow them since there were recent times when i reacted the same way. it's always sad when a dream dies. no matter what type of dream it was.

**********

"I love you, in the silence of mine that I know"

***Badly mangled Pablo Neruda: "I remembered you with my soul clenched in that sadness of mine that you know..."

And I remember the last time I felt this kind of pain, a sudden gush of held-back tears as your heart is pulled out and torn apart, first torn into half, then into quarters, then into eights, and so on until all you have is a pile of meaningless crap that you eventually have to throw away. I remember the outcome -- the outcome was eventually good, and I knew it at that time, but still a dream died, and I mourned for it, like a child mourns for a lost parent.

I love you because I know no other way than this...
where I does not exist, nor you

so close that your hand on my chest is my hand
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger xieurx said...

hehe i was actually thinking about a job offer i was seriously considering -- but would mean that i would have to leave pinas for a year. so...so wala lang, ayun, ngayon biglang nagkasakit ang baby, kawawang-kawawa nga eh, sipon at ubo lang pero grabe pala pag baby nagkasakit. So ayun...back to being slightly burned out by my present job (yung actual job ha hindi yung occupation bilang mother ha...ah basta!) =p

pero thanks cathy for commenting on my blog! :)

11:33 PM  
Blogger cath said...

ahhh...mmm..shucks di ka makikita ni baby zoe for a year..

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home